Prizes and awards
The Organizing Committee of the IV Moscow International D.Oistrakh violin competition announces the following Prizes and Diplomas:
- Category “A”:
- 1st Prize -1000 EURO and the laureate title
- 2nd Prize - 800 EURO and the laureate title
- 3rd Prize - 500 EURO and the laureate title
- Three Diplomas of 100 EURO each and the title of the award winner.
- Category “B”:
- 1st Prize - 2500 EURO and the laureate title
- 2nd Prize – 1500 EURO and the laureate title
- 3rd Prize - 1000 EURO and the laureate title
- Three Diplomas of 300 EURO each and the title of the award winner.
- Category “C”:
- 1st Prize - 10000 EURO and the laureate title
- 2nd Prize – 7000 EURO and the laureate title
- 3rd Prize - 5000 EURO and the laureate title
- Three Diplomas of 800 EURO each and the title of the award winner.
The Prize winners have to receive their awards personally.
The Prizes will be presented in ruble equivalent according to the Rate of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on the day of payment.
The Organizing Committee has the right to set up special prizes and awards:
- Prize “Nadezhda” (“Hope”) for the youngest participant of the final round
- Certificate for providing the payment for attending the master classes in Europe
- We’ve established a prize for the participants of category “C” - “The best performance of a Mozart concerto”. The participant of the IV Moscow International D. Oistrakh violin competition who is to be awarded this prize, will be invited in the season 2011 to play in the Marble Hall (Salzburg, Austria) in which Mozart used to play!
- Special Prize from the “Novaya Rossiya” Orchestra. First Prize Winners in each category (A,B,C) of the competition will take a part in concert and will record the CD with “Novaya Rossiya” Orchestra.
- The prizewinners will play with the State Symphony Orchestra of the Republic of Tatarstan.
- The Prizewinners will be invited to take part in the series of concerts organized by Byelarussian Philarmony.
- “Intonation” – Special Award from the St. Petersburg House of Music for the best artistic and expressive performance.
- “Young Performers of Russia” – series of concerts in St. Petersburg with the laureates of the I and II prize-winners in categories A, B and C.
- The Prizewinners of the competition will be invited to take part in the concerts organized by the “ D.Oistrakh Charity Fund” and the State Moscow P.Tchaikovsky Conservatoire.
- Special Prize of the General Sponsor
The Prize winners will be able to be invited:
- for participation as a soloist with the orchestra at the annual concert of the award-winners of the competitions, members of the EMCY, arranged by the European Union TV (EBU) in one of the 15 countries of the Union;
- participation in other concerts in Europe arranged by EMCY and the organizers of the competitions – members of EMCY;
- one of the award-winners will be able to receive the special Prize of EMCY “Art for Music Prize”.
All participants of the competition will receive a Certificate of participation.
State and public institutions, creative unions, mass-media, firms and private persons may be the founders of special prizes and awards. In coordination with the Organizing Committee and the Jury of the competition.
All participants that were not admitted to the next round will have the possibility to have a personal consultation with the members of the Jury and discuss with them their performance.
D.Oistrakh Charity Fund reserves exclusive rights to record and broadcast all competition’s rounds as well as concluding gala, on radio, television video, DVD on commercial basis. No fees will be paid to participants.
The Prize winner will have to take part in the final concert. In case of his refusal he may be deprived of the prize.
In accordance with the results of the contestants within the limits the Jury reserves the rights to:
- not to award some prizes;
- to divide prizes between the contestants.
The decision of the Jury is final and is not subject to question, reveal or appeal.
Join our mailing list to receive our E-Newsletter about IV Moscow International D.Oistrakh Violin Competition.